- Preparation is the key - allow yourself plenty of time to develop and submit your entry - make a note of the deadline 19th July.
- Explain the approach that was taken. Provide an overview of what you set out to achieve, what the key objectives were, what steps you took and who was involved
- Celebrate the results. Provide details on what benefits have been realised and how they are being sustained.
- It's all in the detail. Provide sufficient detail, including financial results, for the judges to be able to compare results across the entries
- Make the judges' job easy - write in clear, plain English, and avoid jargon.
- Involve the right people - if your work was a team effort, involve the other team members in developing the entry.
- Use the option to attach documents to support your entry with useful information or anything that will help the judges to understand the impact of your work.
- Ask someone else, such as a colleague or manager, to look through your entry before you submit. It can be helpful to ask someone who was not directly involved in the work you are entering - like the judges they will not have detailed knowledge so they suggest ways to clarify the entry.
- Before you submit cross check that you have fulfilled all the elements of the brief and provided all the evidence that the judges need.
Problems when Entering
How can I view the questions before entering?
If you register your details on the site an account will be created for you; you will then be able to view the questions for entry. There is only one page of questions so you do not need to proceed through multiple pages. There is no obligation to enter after registering.
How do I log back in to work on my un-submitted entry?
Please click on "My Awards". Once you enter your email address and password this will take you through to the next page with your saved entries on.
I have tried to log back in through my awards and it is not recognising me
It maybe that you have registered but not saved an actual category. Please log in through the enter now button, put in your email address and press proceed. Enter your password and it will then take you through to your filled in registration page. Press proceed and select a category. Ensure you save every 30mins when filling in your entry.
I have tried to log back in and my entry has disappeared
When saving your entry to return later please ensure that you click "Save". If you have not clicked save you will need to log on through the "Enter Now" button.
I have tried to submit my entry but the "Proceed" button will not work
Your entry may have timed out. We would recommend that you save every 30minutes while going through the entry process. Alternatively write out your answers in a word document and then copy and paste your answers in to the correct question space. If you are leaving the page for any length of time please ensure that you click "Save".
How do I enter more than one category?
Please click on "My Awards". Once you enter your email address and password this will take you through to the next page with any saved entries on. Click "Add New", this will then give you the full list of categories that you can click on and enter.
I am still having trouble entering
Please contact Katherine Taylor Katherine.email@example.com
Best of luck with your entry!