Behavioural change/employee engagement - Energy Awards 2018
Changed behaviour is a key area for embedding energy reduction, so this category aims to reward companies that inspire and motivate their staff to engage in and reduce energy consumption within an organisation. The whole picture will be taken into account, from strategy to communication and general staff awareness throughout the organisation. Credit will be given for the way in which change is embedded into regular practice within the company – so evidence of that change is welcomed.
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’s feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Jan 2017-May 2018
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project, innovation or technology and its application
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?