Diversity Impact Award NEW - Energy Awards 2019
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’ feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
The Diversity Impact Award is open to individuals who have made a particular impact in their organisations and to companies who have introduced initiatives that help promote the role of women or ethnic minorities or encourage diversity in other ways. The aim is to celebrate diversity and inclusion.
In this category, the testimonials of colleagues or customers are important, describing the impact of the person or initiative.
May 2018 - July 2019
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Describe the impact or initiative and how it came about
- What has been the impact of this person or initiative?
- What changes, physical or cultural, did those involved have to make to achieve the impact?
- How has the initiative or individual contributed to promotion of diversity in their workplace, or if appropriate, in the wider industry?
- What has been the effect within the organisation, and if applicable, to those outside of it?