Energy data collection and analysis - Energy Awards 2018
This award recognises the importance of monitoring and targeting, metering and measuring energy use - an essential first part of any energy management programme. Applicants will be required to show that their technology, whether it is hardware or software, and/or analysis of it, yielded savings that would otherwise not have been achieved. Replicability and potential for roll-out throughout the country in terms of UK energy savings will be key parameters, as will innovation and staff communication and motivation.
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’s feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Jan 2017-May 2018
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project, innovation or technology and its application
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?