Energy efficient product of the year HVAC&R - Energy Awards 2018
HVAC&R is a significant user of energy in any building, so this category recognises the cream of energy efficient heating, air conditioning, ventilation or refrigeration technology. Energy reduction can mean either more efficient performance or better controlling it more effectively. Estimate the demand for this type of product and its potential energy savings across the UK. Credit will be given for solid data – independent where possible - to back up efficiency claims.
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’s feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Jan 2017-May 2018
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project, innovation or technology and its application
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?