Home energy product of the year NEW - Energy Awards 2018
The rise of ‘smart’ technology has led to a whole host of clever technology for the homeowner, from radiator TRVs to room stats to whole-house controllers. We seek to recognise the devices, gismos and gadgets that have the biggest impact on home energy use, taking into account factors such as user-friendliness and practicality. Judges are looking for products that makes a demonstrable difference, so evidence of energy and cost savings through use of the technology will be as important as ‘usability’.
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’s feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Jan 2017-May 2018
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project, innovation or technology and its application
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?