Lighting Energy Impact Award - Energy Awards 2019
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’ feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Lighting is a major user of energy within a building, so this year, we have relaunched the category to reflect the importance of well-thought-out lighting design within a project, alongside the products themselves. So the category is open to project, where lighting is a key element, along with technology in the form of lamps, LEDs, controls or sensors. Energy saving, practicality and repeatability are key considerations. Please provide solid data – independent where possible - to back up efficiency claims.
May 2018 - July 2019
- Provide a clear description of the project or technology
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?