Renewable Energy Technology of the Year - Energy Awards 2020
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’ feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
This category is designed to mark the importance of renewable technology to the future energy mix – a key element of the government’s Clean Growth strategy. The category welcomes all forms of renewable technology: biomass; wind; solar; and heat pumps etc – but the key element is energy performance. Judges will give due consideration to the cost effectiveness and practicality, as well as the wider environmental impact of the technology.
Jan 2018-May 2019
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the product or technology
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?