Residential Energy Project of the Year - Energy Awards 2019
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’ feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
This category looks for the year’s best energy-saving projects in the area of residential property – either private residence or social housing. It covers both new build and refurbishment/retrofit. In a sector which is politically charged, the judges are looking for demonstrable energy and carbon savings, backed up by data, with particular consideration for innovation, practicality repeatability, and other wider environmental impacts.
Jan 2018-May 2019
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?