Systems House Installation of the Year: NEW - Energy Awards 2018
The contribution of building systems to energy efficiency and reduction is all too often overlooked, so this year we aim to put that right with a new category that judges the installations of BMS, BEMS and other forms of building controls in their own right. The installation of the year will home in on benchmark commercial projects, from offices to data centres, highlighting the way the systems contributed to energy reduction. Judges will be looking for evidence of energy savings, together with cost-savings, occupant impact and repeatability where appropriate.
In no more than 1,000 words, please tell the judges why your entry should win.
Bear in mind that this entry is the main way to convince judges, who will not know the detail as intimately as you do, so it is important to set out a structured ‘pitch’, with evidence to back up any claims. The two main criticisms in judges’s feedback from past awards is ‘Did not provide enough a strong enough argument as to why they should win’ and ‘No data or evidence to back up claims.’
Jan 2017-May 2018
Please consider the following elements, where possible, in your entry:
- Provide a clear description of the project, innovation or technology and its application
- Describe the concept, and the development and delivery where relevant
- In what way is this innovative?
- What is the environmental benefit?
- Are there other benefits beyond energy efficiency/reduction?
- Are there other applications, current or potential, and for projects and processes how repeatable is it?